Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (PC) - Microsoft Key - GLOBAL
The classic from the good old days of 1997 gaming has been remastered and polished to prevent it from hurting the pixel-hunting eyes of the current generation.Age of Empires Definitive Edition is a classic RTS and an imm ...Read More
Instant delivery offers
- 0BojungamekeysExcellent seller99%Positive feedback1728
View offer details$ 15.01
- 0StStandwithukraineExcellent seller98%Positive feedback3058
View offer details$ 15.51
This product requires a free Xbox Live app account. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (PC - Windows 10) for Xbox Live platform is a digital download product – no box included. The price applies to a digital version of the product.
Warning! Works only in regions supported by Xbox Live. Full list HERE.
The classic from the good old days of 1997 gaming has been remastered and polished to prevent it from hurting the pixel-hunting eyes of the current generation.
Age of Empires Definitive Edition is a classic RTS and an immediate predecessor to one of the genre's finest: Age of Empires 2. Take multiple ancient civilisations from their earliest settlements on a journey through history to the heights of their respective empires.Do you have what it takes to keep your settlements thriving against adversity?
Classic polished, not remade
Age of Empires Definitive Edition isn't a remake or a reboot of the game you remember from your younger days. Sure, it has much nicer graphics and welcomes 4K displays with open arms, but it remains faithful to the game you've played back in 1997. It looks and plays the way your memories tell you it did over twenty years ago.Confront your childhood memories without having to admit your nostalgia may have lied to you.
So many campaigns
You won't lack choice and content to play through, thanks to Age of Empire's hefty collection of missions and campaigns featuring various cultures and different eras.The core game features twelve separate civilisations grouped into four thematically consistent campaigns. The expansion Rise of Rome adds four more cultures, and depicts Roman rise to power.
In addition Age of Empires Definitive Edition includes robust editor allowing players to create custom campaigns and maps at their leisure. Create endless scenarios to play through, including out-of-the-box maps which would never be featured in a historically accurate game.One way or another, AoE: Definitive Edition is going to take dozens of hours of your time.
QoL changes to classic Age of Empires gameplay
The Definitive Edition makes sure to keep the original games mechanics intact, save for a couple of small, but crucial features. Among them is an RTS mainstay attack move order, making your games faster, if only by a little bit. The remaster also improves pathfinding, and tweaks minor balance issues, to smooth over some creases left by the original production.These quality of life changes never affect playstyles cultivated for years, if anything, they make your strategies work better. Do you dare put them to test again?
Age of Empires multiplayer
If you want to test your strategies against others, the Age of Empires Definitive Edition multiplayer is the way to go. With 8-player battles and a population cap raised to 250 you can field large armies and send them to wololo your competitors. With easy online matchmaking you'll never lack people to challenge and new maps to test out. It’s better than it has ever been, benefitting from the achievements of modern technology to bring back the twenty year old memories.
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is a refreshed and shiny version of classic gameplay with visual upgrades to make it suitable for modern high-resolution screens. Experience the original gameplay with graphics your mind thinks it remembers from 1997.
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition features
- HD visuals, remastered sounds - no more pixelated priests screeching wololo. Now their high-res models bellow with conviction
- Multiple campaigns - take control of over a dozen cultures in five distinct campaigns centered on specific regions and cultural melting pots
- Minor QoL improvements - with the core of the mechanics intact, the developer Forgotten Empires added small tweaks like an attack move order
- Convenient multiplayer - with up to 8 players and a significantly raised population cap, AoE Definitive Edition multiplayer is everything competitive players may have wanted from this game
- Classic from 1997 refreshed - relive the memories of your younger days with all the gameplay and none of the pixels
Release Date: 2019-08-19
- Below are the minimum and recommended system specifications for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (PC) - Microsoft Key - GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (PC) - Microsoft Key - GLOBAL may change over time.