- 71.96 USD
It is estimated that one in four adults experience some form of mental health problems during their lifetime. Therefore, mental health is becoming an increasingly important aspect of health provision in health systems around the world.
Anxiety, depression and severe mental problems affect not only the individuals concerned but also their families and friends. Mental health problems result in reduced quality of life and possibly loss of life. It is therefore important to understand mental distress and the ways it can be treated.
Alison's mental health diploma course will help you understand mental health and mental illness, as well as mental health practice and care in the community. It will tackle the issues of stigma and discrimination, explain why the promotion of mental well-being is important and give a history of institutions and segregation.
The course also reviews suicide and preventative treatment measures, how to manage violent patients and outlines the complex area of substance abuse. Understand defining characteristics of normal and abnormal behavioral tendencies. The range of personality disorders, phobias and neurotic behaviors are discussed together with the associated signs and symptoms. The personal and occupational impact of burnout and depression are discussed along with the causes and identifiable signs and symptoms.
This course will be of great interest to professionals in social and health professions, for anyone who has personal experience of mental health problems or anyone with a general interest in this growing matter.
1. Visit alison.com and create a free account.
2. When you are logged into your account, navigate to the course here: Diploma in Mental Health Studies
3. Study the course at your own pace.
4. When you have successfully completed the course and passed the course assessment with a score of 80% or higher go to alison.com/shop
5. Locate the course in your list of completed courses and add the product you have purchased to your cart using the "Add to Cart" button.
6. On the right side panel click "Have a voucher code?" and enter your voucher code.
7. Press the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
8. Fill out your details in the checkout and complete your order.