Genesis is a downloadable content expansion pack for Ark: Survival Evolved. It includes fifth ad fourth DLC released for the title. The expansion packs introduce a new, volcanic region, a possibility to build a base on the hell of a giant sea turtle, and other features, items and creatures to the original game, including HLN-A – a brand new AI companion.
Gameplay in a prehistoric setting
Gameplay-wise, ARK Genesis remain the same as the core game. The player creates their in-game avatar and embarks on a quest for survival in an unknown place, filled with prehistoric creatures to be hunted or tamed. A:SE emphasizes crafting mechanics, with the player having to gather resources and build everything from scratch, including clothing, tools, shelter, etc.
Downloadable content additions
Genesis expansion packs present the player with a new volcanic location to explore. The DLCs add several new items, like a fishing net and tek claws, new animals, among them a giant sea turtle and other marine beasts, and more. Another addition is HLN-A, a new AI companion for the player, which will give them bits of story, tasks to perform and missions to accomplish.
Story of survival
You wake up on an unknown island, with no memory of how you got there. Your task is to survive in this new environment by building shelter, collecting resources, hunting or taming the dinosaurs that roam this place. In time you will find out who or what brought you there. For now, all that matters is survival.
Ark: Survival Evolved – Genesis received positive reviews from the player base. The gamers enjoyed the new additions to the fauna, especially the floating sea turtle, on the shell of which players can build a base.
The All New Genesis Season Pass includes:
- ARK: Genesis Part 1 (available December 2019)
- ARK: Genesis Part 2 (available Winter 2020)
- New content to help you survive! Return to the world of Ark: Survival Evolved and enjoy new features offered by the Genesis DLC packs
- New dinosaurs! Dangerous beasts inhabit the land and the sea. Hunt them for resources or tame them to be your loyal companions.
- Sea turtle base! The gigantic reptile rams the waters of the shore of the island. Build a base on its shell and become the master of seas.
- ProcessorIntel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
- GraphicsNVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
- Memory8 MB RAM
- Disk space40 GB available space
- SystemWindows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portugese-Brasil, Chinese, Czech, Polish, Turkish, Japanese, Korean