- 80.50 USD
In the Diploma in Basic Chinese Language Studies course you will learn the basics of written and spoken Mandarin Chinese. Modern China is playing an increasingly influential role in the world's political, financial and economic spheres, and with Mandarin Chinese being spoken by over one billion people within China and the Chinese diaspora it makes learning Chinese, even the basics, increasingly important.
The course starts with a brief overview of the language, its dialects and a brief look at pronunciation through the use of Pinyin. You will also learn about the formation of the written Chinese characters and the formation of words.
For learners whose native languages use the Roman or Latin alphabets it is critical that you become familiar with Pinyin which is used to transcribe Chinese sounds into the Roman or Latin alphabets you are accustomed to. You will learn how to greet people and introduce yourself, say what you do and where you are from. You will also learn how to talk about your family and friends as well as your hobbies and interests. Practicalities such as using public transport and asking directions are covered along with ordering food in a café or restaurant, asking for information when shopping and checking into and out of a hotel.
Words and phrases are presented via audio, Chinese script, Pinyin and English to facilitate learning. The content is also broken down into key terms and vocabulary. The video clips are accompanied by a transcript and translation with key cultural and grammatical points being highlighted and explained.
This Diploma in Basic Chinese Language Studies course will be of great interest to anybody wanting to travel to China, either as a tourist or in a professional capacity, business people who have regular contact with Chinese colleagues and for any learner who has an interest in speaking or reading Chinese.
1. Visit alison.com and create a free account.
2. When you are logged into your account, navigate to the course here: Diploma in Basic Chinese Language Studies
3. Study the course at your own pace.
4. When you have successfully completed the course and passed the course assessment with a score of 80% or higher go to alison.com/shop
5. Locate the course in your list of completed courses and add the product you have purchased to your cart using the "Add to Cart" button.
6. On the right side panel click "Have a voucher code?" and enter your voucher code.
7. Press the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
8. Fill out your details in the checkout and complete your order.