- 23.14 USD
The course Introduction to Masonry is a course which is designed for anyone who wants to understand the work done by masons in the construction industry. Masonry is an ancient trade and refers to the building of structures using individual units that are bound together by mortar. The quality of the materials and the workmanship involved go a long way in building durable masonry structures.
The course is divided into three modules, each covering an essential aspect of the trade: the history of masonry, tools and equipment, and measurements and drawings used by masons. The course also introduces the learner to basic masonry units such as clay bricks, concrete blocks, and stone. Furthermore, masonry tasks like the spreading of mortar, furrowing, buttering, and brick laying technique are discussed. The course provides a list of terms used in and associated with the profession.
This course will be of great interest to all professionals who want to understand what the masonry trade encompasses and learn the basics of masonry. It will also be of interest to all learners who want to gain a comprehensive understanding of a mason's job.
1. Visit alison.com and create a free account.
2. When you are logged into your account, navigate to the course here: Introduction to Masonry
3. Study the course at your own pace.
4. When you have successfully completed the course and passed the course assessment with a score of 80% or higher go to alison.com/shop
5. Locate the course in your list of completed courses and add the product you have purchased to your cart using the "Add to Cart" button.
6. On the right side panel click "Have a voucher code?" and enter your voucher code.
7. Press the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
8. Fill out your details in the checkout and complete your order.