Sid Meier's Civilization V is the fifth instalment of the greatly popular series of turn-based strategy games. The developer, Firaxis Games studio, remained loyal to the basic rules of the saga. The players' goal is to direct their civilizations through consecutive epochs.
The interface received much tuning-up and can now be set as transparent, minimalistic and user-friendly. Not all options and functions are available straight off the bat, but even the hidden ones can be accessed with only one mouse click. Notifications are displayed with an icon, which eliminates the need to go through multiple text messages. All the changes have been implemented to facilitate user control. First time in the series' history, a hexagon net has been introduced to the world map. Due to this, additional strategic options open up during war. The modification also allows for a more intuitive exploration of the territory and a better development of the player's superpower.
- INVITING PRESENTATION: Jump right in and play at your own pace with an intuitive interface that eases new players into the game. Civ veterans will appreciate the depth, detail and control that are highlights of the series.
- BELIEVABLE WORLD: Ultra realistic graphics showcase lush landscapes for you to explore, battle over and claim as your own. Art deco influences abound in the menus and icons in the most well-designed Civ ever developed.
- COMMUNITY & MULTIPLAYER: Compete with Civ players all over the world or locally in LAN matches, mod* the game in unprecedented ways, and install mods directly from an in-game community hub without ever leaving the game. Civilization V brings community to the forefront.
- WIDE SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY: Civilization V operates on many different systems, from high end DX11 desktops to many laptops. Enjoy unlimited installations on multiple PCs with your Steam account and take your Civ V experience with you everywhere you go.
- ALL NEW FEATURES: A new hex-based gameplay grid opens up exciting new combat and build strategies. City States become a new resource in your diplomatic battleground. An improved diplomacy system allows you to negotiate with fully interactive leaders. Custom music scores and orchestral recordings give Civ V the level of polish and quality you expect from the series.
- SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE: 2K Games is donating a total of $250,000 to four education based charities, and users' choices will determine how the money is dispersed: simply select your choice from the pre-selected charities during the install process.
- Processor2.4 GHz Dual Core
- Graphics256 MB VRAM / Radeon HD 2600 / Geforce 8600
- Memory2 GB RAM
- Disk space8 GB
- System10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion), 10.9.3 (Mavericks)
German, Spanish, French, Italian, English
This product contains elements of