- 23.16 USD
The plumbing profession places both physical and intellectual demands on plumbers. While the physical aspects of the job such as using tools to install and maintain plumbing systems are clearly visible, the intellectual requirements of the trade are skills that are used in the background. Performing basic math calculations and reading plumbing drawings are examples of such intellectual tasks. This free online course in plumbing introduces the learner to the wide array of tools used by plumbers in the trade. These tools range from measuring and layout tools to those used for leveling, cutting, and assembling pipes and fittings. The course also covers topics on basic math and plumbing drawings, which include basic math skills essential for plumbers to calculate pipe measurements, and how to read construction drawings, how to identify the components that make up these drawings and the types of plumbing drawings a professional in this field will have to read and interpret. This course will be of great interest to all professionals who want a deeper knowledge and understanding of plumbing tools and drawings. It will also be of interest to those learners who have completed the first course on plumbing and would like to build upon that knowledge by doing the next course in the series.
1. Visit alison.com and create a free account.
2. When you are logged into your account, navigate to the course here: Introduction to Plumbing Tools and Drawings
3. Study the course at your own pace.
4. When you have successfully completed the course and passed the course assessment with a score of 80% or higher go to alison.com/shop
5. Locate the course in your list of completed courses and add the product you have purchased to your cart using the "Add to Cart" button.
6. On the right side panel click "Have a voucher code?" and enter your voucher code.
7. Press the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
8. Fill out your details in the checkout and complete your order.