Buy it in a bundle, pay less:
The Sims 3 is a life simulation video game developed by Maxis Redwood Shores and published by Electronic Arts in June 2009. The Sims 3 Pets expansion pack came out 2 years later in October 2011 and it focuses on pet-related content and features, introducing pets, pet skills, motives, wishes, lifetime rewards, and various new activities.
The Sims 3 Pets Contents
The expansion pack adds new features related to the pets. The most important one is the pets themselves – from now your Sim can take care of a dog, a cat, or even tame a wild horse and make it a racing one.
Pets are very similar to Sims in that they can also learn new skills, they can have different traits, and can have wishes. Additionally, they have access to their own lifetime rewards. They can also make friends with other pets, fall in love, and reproduce, utilizing the genetics system. Pets, just like Sims, can age over time and will eventually die.
The expansion pack also adds new collections, namely lizards, turtles, snakes, and birds. It features a few new music styles, lifetime wishes and traits for Sims, an option to create gourmet food for pets, and more.
The Sims 3 Pets expansion pack, just like the base game, does not have a story. The game has a sandbox nature – it lets you control your family, meet its members’ needs, socialize, and make their dreams come true, giving you a virtually unlimited space to come up with your own stories and play the world according to your vision.
The gameplay didn’t change much in the expansion pack, as it simply adds new features and items, or, in other words, new ways to enjoy the base game.
The expansion pack scored high on the reviews, as reviewers and players alike enjoyed the fact that the long-awaited expansion already found in previous versions of the game made its way to the third one as well. They mainly praised the realistic depiction of featured animals and a lot of extra playability.
- Let pets join your Sim family – take care of a dog, a cat, or even a horse
- Teach your pets new skills, such as hunting and locating the collectibles scattered around
- Help your pets fulfill their wishes and earn generous lifetime rewards
- Get yourself a horse and ride it around the town or turn it into a racing horse and enter competitions
- Complete new collections – find all the lizards, turtles, snakes, and birds
- Processor2.4 GHz - Intel Pentium IV
- GraphicsNvidia GeForce 6 / ATI Radeon 9500
- Memory1.5 GB RAM
- Disk space9.6 GB HD
- SystemXP SP2 / Vista SP1 / Windows 7
CN, CZ, DE, ES, FR, IT, KR, PL, RU, UK