Geometry and Trigonometry is one of the strands of the new Project Maths Course in the Irish curriculum. Synthetic Geometry and Co-ordinate Geometry are used in real life to help us understand the dimensions and transformations of shapes and figures (lines, triangles, polygons and circles). Synthetic geometry studies shapes by means of axioms and theorems. Co-ordinate geometry studies lines and circles by reference to a fixed set of co-ordinates. Trigonometry is concerned with ‘real life’ measurements of length, angles and circular measure in both two and three dimensions. The use of trigonometry is commonly utilised in the areas of quantity surveying, building and construction, and architecture. This strand is without doubt the most applicable area of the Leaving Certificate mathematics syllabus and allows students gain experience of realistic solutions to real-world problems.
1. Visit alison.com and create a free account.
2. When you are logged into your account, navigate to the course here: Junior Certificate Strand 2 - Ordinary Level - Geometry and Trigonometry
3. Study the course at your own pace.
4. When you have successfully completed the course and passed the course assessment with a score of 80% or higher go to alison.com/shop
5. Locate the course in your list of completed courses and add the product you have purchased to your cart using the "Add to Cart" button.
6. On the right side panel click "Have a voucher code?" and enter your voucher code.
7. Press the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
8. Fill out your details in the checkout and complete your order.