Algebra is one of the strands of the new Project Maths Course in the Irish curriculum. It is the lifeblood and the natural language of Mathematics and provides a perfect link between number, geometry, trigonometry and functions. It would be impossible to formulate and solve real-world problems without algebraic notation. Students are first introduced to representing numbers with letters and then they are taught how to convert problems into algebraic equations which can be solved by means of well-known techniques. Students are taught how to solve simultaneous, quadratic and cubic equations and then extend their knowledge to the solution of inequalities. Searching for roots by trial and error and the use of synthetic division is also covered in this strand.
1. Visit alison.com and create a free account.
2. When you are logged into your account, navigate to the course here: Junior Certificate Strand 4 - Ordinary Level - Algebra
3. Study the course at your own pace.
4. When you have successfully completed the course and passed the course assessment with a score of 80% or higher go to alison.com/shop
5. Locate the course in your list of completed courses and add the product you have purchased to your cart using the "Add to Cart" button.
6. On the right side panel click "Have a voucher code?" and enter your voucher code.
7. Press the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
8. Fill out your details in the checkout and complete your order.