Highly requested fixes and features are coming and the upcoming patch is just a first step.
It’s hard to miss the omnipresent criticism and memes for Mass Effect Andromeda. Some are justified, some are not. The game definitely has its moments and it’s easy to lose more than 50 hours while exploring, but it’s also evident that it needed a few additional months of polishing. This will happen with us as testers, apparently.
As it was teased before, BioWare revealed its plans for the improvements for the latest Mass Effect. Releasing this Thursday (April 6th) is a major patch and you can read a list of its features below, while the full notes were released on the game’s website:
- Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
- Increasing the inventory limits
- Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of Remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improving localized voice over lip sync
- Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
As you see, all those changes are based on players’ feedback after playing the game for the last two weeks. Further changes are planned, with an expanded character creator, more updates to the looks and animations of all characters, and some better romance options for male gay Ryder. There’s also mention of improvements for conversations with Hainly Abrams and you’ll certainly know what’s the problem after playing the game.
Additionally, new APEX missions for multiplayer will be released and we expect new characters and maps to be added to the mode in the near future.