Check out what’s in store for us with the new changes.
Bungie has shared some notes about the upcoming patch for Destiny 2 alongside a video detailing plans of the immediate future.
Game director Christopher Barrett explains:
“We’ve been playing the game in the wild for seven weeks, and like the Destiny experiences that have come before, we’re always thinking about where the game is heading next. We’re still planning when a bunch of the improvements listed below are going to make their way into the game, but we wanted to let you know what we’re up to.”
The focus for the team has been highlighted by Barrett and currently entails:
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
If you want to read up on the finer details then take a look at the blog post.
Destiny 2 is out now on PC.