A lot of features based on East Asia nations is coming with the add-on.
Paradox Interactive announced the Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven expansion. It will be available “soon” on Steam, adding several interesting features to the game. This add-on is East Asia-centered, with a focus on “Ming China, Japan, and the Manchu tribes”. Let us quote the official list of features:
- Ages and Golden Eras: Earn perks in four historical ages for meeting specific goals, building up to declaring your nation’s single Golden Era – 50 years of prosperity and power.
- Meritocracy: The Chinese emperor can hire good advisors more cheaply, keeping the empire functional no matter who rules.
- Tributaries: Some Asian nations can demand that weaker powers pay an annual tribute, whether in gold, manpower or monarch points.
- Manchu Banners: Manchu provinces can provide cheap and effective Banner armies drawn from the traditional tribe system.
- Japanese Shogunate: Compel the loyalty of your daimyos with new interactions that require them to submit to your authority, contribute to your power or even commit seppuku.
- Diplomatic Macrobuilder: Common diplomatic actions are now easily available from the macrobuilder interface.
- New Events and Decisions: Most of these new systems are connected to new event series or decisions, bringing you even deeper into the past.
New Content Pack themed with motives close to the main expansion are also coming. And there’s announcement trailer embedded below: