To say that *inhale*PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS*exhale* has a rocky launch on Xbox One is very diplomatic. The online hit of last year certainly did not get a chicken dinner on consoles, but that’s slowly changing, probably for the better.
In a preview of patch notes published recently on the official forums we have a listing of what the developer tentatively calls “incremental improvements to performance“, and it goes like this:
- Aim acceleration can now be adjusted by players via in-game option
- Player weapon damage has been increased against vehicles. We will continue to monitor player feedback and telemetry and make further balancing adjustments as needed in future updates
- FPP Solo matchmaking queue will be made available for NA/EU/and Oceanic servers. We will open other modes within those regions as concurrency allows
- Fixed an issue that caused indoor lighting and shadows to appear too dark and blueish
- Analog stick acceleration added while exiting the plane and while parachuting
- PhysX performance enhancements
- Server FPS slightly increased
- Client FPS slightly increased
- Some VFX received slight optimizations
- Music on/off option added
- Addressed a number of known crashes
- Fixed a UI issue that occurred when multiple players attempted to loot from the same source
The devs acknowledge there is more work to do, but it’s good to see something moving along to fix what’s broken.