There are some fixes that won’t be appreciated by people, who think that fair play is boring.
Almost all basic features that are planned for PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS are already in the game and the early access period is used for additional polishing, some improvements and especially for better security procedures. That includes fighting cheaters.
As stated through Steam Community, people developing the game closed two major holes that were used by cheating users. Patch notes include changes like “Fixed configuration files (ini) so that it cannot be used to hide trees, grass, etc.” – that’s an important update.
The patch is already available and you can read the full changelog below:
- Fixed configuration files (ini) so that it cannot be used to hide trees, grass, etc.
- Prevented adjusting the FOV by changing the game settings file (ini).
- FOV will be adjustable from the settings menu in-game in a future update.
- Fixed an issue with door sounds playing at low volume
- Adjusted volume of wind, rain, and footsteps
- Improved the sounds for the buggy
- When in rainy weather, you will now sporadically hear thunder sounds
- Added more support for non-standard aspect ratios. The game will now display at the correct FOV on aspect ratios ranging from 4:3 to 21:9. Multi-monitor environments such as Eyefinity are not recommended at this time.
- Fixed an issue with the compass direction not displaying correctly