Warning! This game is region-locked, it cannot be activated and played in Japan and Korea.
Resident Evil 5 is a third-person shooter video game released on in 2009. Here you are tasked with taking care of an organization trying to introduce their biological weapon into the world. The game focuses on the coop mode with another player or AI implemented in the RE games for the first time.
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition:
This edition aside from the base game includes the content from the Untold Stories Bundle which comprises of:
- “Lost in the Nightmares” scenario, in which Chris Redfield and his teammate Jill Valentine decide to search the parcels of Oswell E. Spencer.
- “Desperate Escape” episode where Chris and Sheva are assisted by Jill Valentine and Josh Stone that are controlled by the players, making their way into the final showdown.
- Additionally, the Gold Edition includes four new costumes, Mercenaries mode with eight playable characters, items, and maps, as well as, the Versus mode.
In the game you play from a third-person view, the over the shoulder perspective adds a different approach to the gameplay. Players can use various weapons to fight the opponents from handguns, shotguns and sniper rifles to melee weapons and grenades. The weapons can be upgraded with gold collected during the game.
Comparing RE5 to the RE4 the game has implemented considerable changes such as infected opponents wielding guns and grenades. Now you can upgrade your weapons right at the spot from your inventory as well as equip items in real-time gameplay. Every player just as in the previous game, has 9 slots in the equipment, however, this time each item takes the same amount of space which makes the management much easier.
- Gold Edition Extras - Get the full RE5 experience. This special edition includes: all of the original content, two new episodes, four new costumes, an updated Mercenaries Mode and online RE5 versus mode.
- Two Playable Characters – Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns and is joined by new playable character Sheva Alomar, an African BSAA agent tasked with investigating the epidemic.
- Two Player Online Co-op – New cooperatively-focused gameplay revolutionizes the way that Resident Evil is played. Chris and Sheva must work together to survive new challenges and fight dangerous hordes of enemies.
- Next Generation of Fear – Features groundbreaking graphics that utilize an advanced version of Capcom’s proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.
- "Quick-Select" Inventory System – Improved inventory system allows items to be traded between characters. To add to the intensity, all inventory management is done in real time; items can even be assigned to the directional pad for instant access.
- New Control Schemes – Features new modernized third-person action game control variations as well as the return of the traditional Resident Evil 4 control schemes.
- New Enemies Bring New Challenges – Enemies boast increased speed and intelligence, making them as dangerous alone as they are in groups.
- Powerful New Weapons – The number of weapon variations has been greatly increased providing new ways to keep enemies at bay.
- Fear Light as much as Shadow – Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense as players attempt to survive in both harsh sunlight and extreme darkness.
Release Date: 2009-09-15
- Below are the minimum and recommended system specifications for Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PC) - Steam Gift - GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PC) - Steam Gift - GLOBAL may change over time.