RimWorld (PC) - Steam Key - GLOBAL
The RimWorld on Steam is a story generator. The only thing which is exactly the same for all playthroughs is the beginning. You're taking control over three castaways. You and your team crashlanded on an unknown planet, ...Read more
Instant delivery offers
Show 4 more offers
- 0Daxter_digitalSponsored97%Positive feedback207
View offer details$ 42.02
- 0Fun_keys100%Positive feedback625
View offer details$ 35.27
- 0VikingsbrothersExcellent seller99%Positive feedback6415
View offer details$ 36.46
- 0NoNoirtech93%Positive feedback73
View offer details$ 36.69
- 0World_of_gamesExcellent seller98%Positive feedback49472
View offer details$ 36.70
- 0Instant_gameExcellent seller100%Positive feedback26205
View offer details$ 38.06
- 0CodezillaExcellent seller100%Positive feedback6380
View offer details$ 38.28
RimWorld (PC) for Steam platform is a digital download product – no box included. The price applies to a digital version of the product.
Warning! This product is region locked and it can NOT be activated in Australia
The RimWorld on Steam is a story generator. The only thing which is exactly the same for all playthroughs is the beginning. You're taking control over three castaways. You and your team crashlanded on an unknown planet, far away at the edge of the universe. They have to build the colony. While the story itself is told by three narrators - Cassandra Classic, Phoebe Chillax, and Randy Random - each has different traits in the context of the storytelling. Each event is completely random. Thus, each playthrough is going to be different, throwing you against new challenges.
A random RimWorld
Every thunderstorm, pirate raid, and traveling salesman is a card dealt into your story by the AI Storyteller. As it was mentioned before, each narrator has a different style. Cassandra, as her name suggests, provides you with the classic type of the challenge. She starts slowly but as you progress, the game is getting harder. Phoebe is the perfect choice for new players. Her story is usually relatively easy and the events work in your favor. Last but not least is Randy. He is going to take you on a rollercoaster where nothing has any sense. Do you know that RimWorld is using a complicated model of AI which analyzes your situation and creates events which are going to make an interesting story? The game is going to react to your actions.
Huge variety of heroes
Yes, it is true that you start only with three people. However, each one of them is going to have different traits. There are cooks, soldiers, criminals, aristocrats, accountants etc. Their previous occupation is quite important. For example, aristocrat is able to haggle with traders. On the other hand, he is not going to work on farm. There are also character traits. For example, a nervous person has higher efficiency during work. However, they are more susceptible to mental breakdowns. You have to learn how to utilize these elements.
Huge number of elements on which you have to focus
Your survivors are not explorers. They are not Ellen Ripley. You are dealing with unfortunate survivors from a passenger liner destroyed in orbit. Thus, the situation in which they found themselves is really hard. You have to focus on the morale, needs, health or even relations with other colonists. The simple flu might kill half your colonists if you are not careful enough. Especially during a cold winter.
- A completely random story - Each event, survivor, and element of the game is generated randomly at the beginning of the playthrough. Thus, each time you are going to face a different challenge.
- Huge variety of characters - All colonists differ from each other. They had different occupation before the accident and they have various character traits. Utilize them to your own advantage.
- Take care of your team - focus on their morale, health, relations with other characters etc.
- The AI narrator - the narrator is going to provide you with various events to which you have to react. The game is going to analyze your situation and react accordingly.
Release Date: 2016-07-15
- Below are the minimum and recommended system specifications for RimWorld (PC) - Steam Key - GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for RimWorld (PC) - Steam Key - GLOBAL may change over time.