Benchmarking is the process of comparing one's business processes and performance metrics to industry bests or best practices from other industries. The benchmarking process consists of identifying the best firms in the same industry, or in another industry where similar processes exist and comparing the processes of those studied to processes within one's own business.
In this course the learner will be introduced to benchmarking and its benefits. The key elements of the Benchmarking Code of Conduct are described in detail and the steps of widely used benchmarking procedures are reviewed. Finally the crucial role management plays in benchmarking is also described.
This course will be of great interest to all professionals in areas of quality management and Six Sigma and who would like to learn more about benchmarking processes. It will also be of great interest to any learner is who interested in a career in quality and Six Sigma processes.
1. Visit alison.com and create a free account.
2. When you are logged into your account, navigate to the course here: Six Sigma - Understanding Benchmarking Methods
3. Study the course at your own pace.
4. When you have successfully completed the course and passed the course assessment with a score of 80% or higher go to alison.com/shop
5. Locate the course in your list of completed courses and add the product you have purchased to your cart using the "Add to Cart" button.
6. On the right side panel click "Have a voucher code?" and enter your voucher code.
7. Press the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
8. Fill out your details in the checkout and complete your order.