The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PC) - Steam Gift - GLOBAL
In The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, the player takes on the procedurally generated dungeons, collecting items and fighting monsters within. Isaac, the hero of the game, must escape his devout mother, who wants to sacrifice the boy.Read More
Instant delivery offers
- 0World_of_gamesExcellent seller97%Positive feedback46689
View offer details$ 20.05
- 0Kortulsgameroom92%Positive feedback149
View offer details$ 25.08
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a roguelike game, developed and published by Nicalis. It is a remake of the original Binding of Isaac and features several improvements to the gameplay mechanics, including expanded item roster and co-op multiplayer. The player controls the character of Isaac, among several others, who has to fight off hordes of monsters in procedurally generated dungeons, to escape his possessive mother. The Binding of Isaac Rebirth received critical acclaim, with reviewers praising the roguelike gameplay mechanics and atmosphere of the game.
Gameplay in a basement
Rebirth takes the player back to the procedurally generated world of Isaac’s mother’s basement. There, the player will have to face monsters dwelling in the dark corners and collect items to help them in their task. The player observes the action from the top-down perspective, moving freely around the rectangular area of the rooms. The monsters are fought using Isaac’s tears, which can be fired in all directions, and various other weapons, like bombs. The items found in the game include health replenishers and expanders, keys opening doors and chests and coins. Some of them influence the character’s stats: the range of tears, damage dealt with the enemies and speed of movement. Rebirth features a cooperative multiplayer mode, with the second player dropping-in at any point in the gameplay.
The parable of Isaac
Isaac thought his life was a dream. He was loved by his mother, had lots of toys – what more could e possibly want? However, his dream existence soon turned into a nightmare. Isaac’s mother, influenced by religious TV broadcasts, started to take away his possessions, from favorite toys to clothes, finally locking him in his room. When Isaac found out, that to “purify” her little boy, his mother would have to sacrifice him, it was the last straw. Isaac escaped to the basement, thus beginning an arduous quest to free himself from his mother.
TBoI: Rebirth received positive reviews. Critics were impressed by how, despite being very minimalistic in design, the game managed to be exciting and fun. Special mentions in many reviewers’ opinions belonged to the level of dedication of the creative team, who put their best effort to make Rebirth something much more than a simple remake.
- The remake of one of the best roguelike games in recent years
- Learn the plight of Isaac and help him escape the cruel fate that awaits him
- Fight your way through monster-filled dungeons of Isaac’s mother’s basement
- Collect items and upgrades to survive the battle against overwhelming odds
- Join with other players and take on the dungeons together in co-op multiplayer mode
Release Date: 2014-11-04
- Below are the minimum and recommended system specifications for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PC) - Steam Gift - GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PC) - Steam Gift - GLOBAL may change over time.