Buy it in a bundle, pay less:
Excellent seller100%Positive feedback206611.63USDGR
Excellent seller99%Positive feedback330711.63USD
Excellent seller98%Positive feedback193912.39USDShow remaining 6
The worthy thematic and structural successor to 1999's cult classic Planescape: Torment has finally arrived. Torment: Tides of Numenera (PC) by inXile Entertainment is a narrative-heavy, flexible in its storyteling, compelling tribute to one of the greatest RPGs of all time: Planescape: Torment.
The setting of Torment: Tides of Numenera is taken straight from the pen-and-paper rulebooks for Monte Cook's Numenera system. Nanotechnology can look like spells, power cores from ancient robots might as well be magic crystals, and mutations made much of the wildlife little different from monsters.The Ninth World is Earth in a billion years, but don't expect to see many familiar sights: even the ground is mostly made up of nanomachines.
You start the game falling from orbit and then things start getting crazy. You are the Last Castoff, an artificially grown body which until very recently held the consciousness of an ancient scientist, who has been jumping bodies for centuries. And yet it still isn't the weirdest part.Learn your place in the world, uncover the mysteries of the past, and answer one vital question: what does one life matter?
A journey is only as good as your company. Torment: Tides of Numenera has a suitably weird cast to complement the bizarre world. A girl holding a god in her pocket. A scholar surrounded by the visages of her version in infinite realities. A gruff man with living tattoos covering his arms.Treat them properly and many will surprise you in ways you wouldn't expect. But be careful: you can only travel with a handful, and not all will want to come back after you send them away for a while.
Mindscapes and memories
Torment: Tides of Numenera doesn't end on the physical world. You can scan others' thoughts, discovering their hidden agendas. Enter your own psyche to solve riddles and challenges stopping you from realizing the full potential of your body and mind. You can even experience the memories of others like you thanks to weird science. Wage wars for your soul, trade feelings and memories to unfeeling beings, and more.In Tides of Numenera your character is more than what can be seen with normal eyes. What mysteries are beyond the flesh and bone of the Last Castoff's body? It is up to you to find out.
No morality, only motivations
The titular Tides are more than just a vague morality. They describe what is important to the Castoffs and what impact they make on the world. Are you inquisitive and guided by reason? Or maybe your passions get the better of you, but you always work towards helping others? Whatever your decisions are, they will be reflected in the Tides inside you. Tides don't care about good and evil, or about consequences. Only your motivations and desires matter. And the world just has to adapt.
Torment: Tides of Numenera brings back the weirdness and existential questions that made Planescape: Torment a cult classic. Basking in Clarke's Third Law, T:ToN is a complex and reactive role-playing game worth the attention of every lover of good, engaging stories.
Torment: Tides of Numenera features
- Uniquely bizarre - fountains of fish, nanotechnological spells and more. Tides of Numenera is as far from generic as possible
- Existential questions - discover the worth of one life, change the past and find out what is your purpose in the world
- Turn-based Crises - you don't have to kill anyone unless you want to. Even mid-battle you can convince others to stop fighting
- Crazy party - glowing adventurers, albinotic immortal assassins and more. The last Castoff is weird, but definitely not the weirdest
- Treat for readers - Torment: Tides of Numenera doesn't shy away from lengthy texts. Superb writing and reactive story make it worth the effort.
- ProcessorIntel Core 2 Duo or AMD equivalent
- GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or Radeon HD 4850 (512 MB VRAM)
- Memory4 GB RAM
- Disk space30 GB available space
- SystemWindows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (64 bit)
- ProcessorIntel i5 series or AMD equivalent
- GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or Radeon HD 5770 (1 GB VRAM)
- Memory8 GB RAM
- Disk space30 GB available space
- SystemWindows 7/8/8.1/10 (64 bit)
German, Spanish, French, Polish, Russian, English