- Cell Phones & Smartphones Features:3G Data Capable, 4G Data Capable, Accelerometer, Bluetooth Enabled, Dual Rear Cameras, Dual SIM, Fingerprint Sensor, Front Camera, Global Ready, GPS, Internet Browser, Music Player, Proximity Sensor, Rear Camera, Speakerphone, Touchscreen, Wi-Fi Capable
- Cellular Network Technology:3G, 4G, LTE
- Processor Cores:8
- Processor Speed:1.50GHz
- Electronic Brands:Xiaomi
Xiaomi Redmi 6
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 is the successor of the Redmi 5 deployed six months earlier. It is part of the long line of smartphones in the Redmi range, expert price / quality ratio in the low-cost segment. The Redmi 6 is obviously no exception with a qualitative data sheet for a suggested retail price that does not exceed 160 euros.
5.45-inch widescreen display
Ergonomically, the Xiaomi Redmi 6 features the rear of the Mi A1 design with an aluminum shell (with exposed antenna separations) that covers the back and slices. At the front, the screen is panoramic and without notch. The technical elements, such as the speaker, the proximity and brightness sensors or the webcam, are located on the upper edge.
The screen of the Xiaomi Redmi 6 is smaller than that of the Redmi 5. It is 5.45 inches. It is IPS. Its format is 18 / 9th. Its definition is HD + (720 x 1440). Its resolution reaches 295 pixels per inch, an increasing figure vis-à-vis the Redmi 5. The slab is protected by mineral glass whose provenance is not officially specified.
MediaTek Helio P22 Chipset
Under the screen hides a chipset not from Qualcomm, but from MediaTek. The Snapdragon 450 is replaced by another octo-core, the Helio P22. The maximum rate of Cortex-A53 is increased from 1.8 GHz to 2.0 GHz. The GPU is here a PowerVR GE8320 from Imagination Technologies. It is running a version of MIUI 9 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
In Poland, the XIaomi Redmi 6 is offered in one configuration. And this is the poorer of the two offered internationally. It is equipped with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage, expandable by microSDXC up to 256 GB additional (accessible on the second port nano SIM). Be aware that the Redmi 6 also has another version equipped with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage.
Double sensor of 12 + 5 megapixels
Photo side, the main block of Redmi 6 is composed of two sensors surrounding an LED flash. The first sensor is a 12-megapixel model with lens opening at f / 2.2 and phase-detection autofocus. Equipment comparable to the sensor of the Redmi 5. The second, which is used for the calculation of the depths, is a 5-megapixel model with lens opening at f / 2.2.
The set is capable of shooting in 1080p at 30 frames per second. At the front, the Redmi 6 takes the webcam of the Redmi 5, a 5-megapixel fixed focus model.
Android 8.1 Oreo
The battery of the Xiaomi Redmi 6 has a capacity of 3000 mAh, a slight withdrawal vis-à-vis the Redmi 5. The rest of the equipment of the Redmi 6 includes a modem LTE, WiFi n and Bluetooth 4.2, an FM tuner, a GPS sensor (Beidou and Glonass), two SIM card slots, a 3.5mm jack and a microUSB port. A fingerprint reader is built into the back. The smartphone is powered by Android Oreo with multi-task management always more powerful.
• Helio P22 octa-core processor，12nm techonolgoy，Up to 2.0GHz
• 3GB + 32GB / 4GB+64GB
• Storage expandable up to 256GB with microSD
*Actual free memory and capacity may vary due to various factors. As the operating system occupies a portion of the RAM, actual available memory is less than stated. As the phone comes with pre-installed applications, the actual storage size is smaller than stated.
12MP + 5MP AI rear dual camera
• PDAF phase focus
• ƒ/2.2 aperture lens
• LED flash
• Portrait mode
• Low light photo enhancement
• Burst mode
• Camera timer
• Scene selection
• 1080p video – 1920x1080 – 30fps
• 720p video – 1280x720 – 30fps
• 480p video – 640x480 – 30fps
• Slow motion video – 480p – 120fps
5MP front camera
• 1.12um pixels，ƒ/2.2 aperture lens
• Portrait mode
• Age detection
• Selfie timer
• 18:9 full screen
• 5.45" (measured diagonally)
• 295 PPI，1000:1 contrast (typ)
• 1440x720 resolution
• Sunlight display
• Night display
• Reading mode
• Automatic contrast
• Increased contrast
• Color temperature adjustment
• Standard mode
• Height: 147.5mm
• Width: 71.5mm
• Thickness: 8.3mm
• Weight: 146g
• 3000mAh (typ) / 2900mAh (min)
• Supports 5V1A charging
Dual SIM 4G support
• Supports dual nano-SIM cards and microSD expansion. Both SIM cards can use 4G data simultaneously.
• When using both nano-SIM slots, either card can be set as the primary card. VoLTE HD calling is supported on the primary card.
• GSM (B2/3/5/8)
• WCDMA (B1/2/5/8)
• TDD-LTE (B38/40)
• FDD-LTE (B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20)
Note: For 4G network support and VoLTE HD calling, please contact the local service provider for more information.
• Supports protocol 802.11b/g/n
• Supports 2.4G WiFi / WiFi Direct
• Supports Bluetooth 4.2
• Fingerprint sensor and buttons
GPS Navigation and positioning
• Fingerprint sensor
• Vibration motor
• Proximity sensor
• Ambient light sensor
Supported video formats: H.263, H.264 AVC Baseline Profile (BP), H.264 AVC Main Profile (MP), MPEG-4 SP
Supported audio formats: PCM, AAC / AAC+, MP3, AMR–NB and WB, Opus, PCM/WAVE, and Vorbis
Redmi 6 / Power adapter / Micro USB Cable / Warranty Card / User Guide / SIM insertion tool