We Happy Few Steam Gift GLOBAL
We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of moderately terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial in the city of Wellington Wells. Set in a drug-fuelled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative ...Read More
- Games4worldEXCELLENT SELLER100%Positive feedback4037
View offer details$ 73.53
We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of moderately terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial in the city of Wellington Wells. Set in a drug-fuelled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative 1960s England, you’ll have to blend in with its other inhabitants, who don’t take kindly to people who don’t abide by their not-so-normal rules.
1960s Dystopian England
Set in a retrofuturistic 1960s, you will find a city ravaged by war and rebuilt by delusionally happy people. Everything appears to be happy in Wellington Wells, including the roads, the people, and its omnipresent television personality, Uncle Jack! However, it’s a beautiful world on the brink of collapse. You will discover the history of this world, and how it came to be just so beguilingly happy.
Suspicion and Joy
We Happy Few is about surviving in and escaping from a procedurally generated world, where you must learn to hide in plain sight. If you act out of turn, or you’re not on Joy (the local happy pills), the locals will become suspicious and will rapidly turn your frown upside down! Forcefully. You will need to practice conformity, stealth and combat if you want to survive long enough to escape.
A Mature Story
We Happy Few’s characters are not typical video game heroes. They are flawed and not particularly heroic, warped by the trauma their world has been through. Each character has their own storyline that reacts to the events of the world around them, and their place within it. Our stories are definitely not appropriate for children, but are laced with dark humour, hope, and even a spot of redemption.
- a procedurally generated world, meaning that everyone’s experience will be unique,
- a range of difficulties for new and experienced players alike,
- permadeath, if you want to satisfy all your masochistic needs,
- three modes: sandbox, story and Wellie mode,
- a unique soundtrack, and
- a fully voiced, cinematic, first person story.
Release Date: 2016-07-26
- Below are the minimum and recommended system specifications for We Happy Few Steam Gift GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for We Happy Few Steam Gift GLOBAL may change over time.