Minecraft is an interesting title. Rarely do we see a game that manages to generate that level of hype around itself. Initially developed as a dungeon crawler, Minecraft has become a global phenomenon, full of mechanics that are still being copied ad reproduced in various titles. What was the reason behind such immediate success? How has the simple game made by one person developed into a media franchise? And what Minecraft games are out there? You'll find out about that in our article and Minecraft games list.
The beginnings of Minecraft
The first version of Minecraft, nowadays known as the Java Edition, was released in 2011. It wasn't the first build of the game, on which Markus Persson had been working since 2008, but it was the first one that included all the gameplay features that Minecraft would become known for. Sprawling, procedurally generated world, intriguing construction mechanics, and various modes were the main selling point of the title. Ever since then, the title had been expanded and updated with new gameplay mechanics, and the Minecraft franchise has grown into a multimedia enterprise.
Versions of Minecraft and other games in the franchise
We've already mentioned Minecraft Java Edition, the first version of Minecraft released for a wide audience. Java Edition was followed by Bedrock Edition, fully released in 2017, and console Legacy Edition, published from 2012 to 2017 for every major console on the market. Seeing how popular Minecraft was with educators and students, Mojang released Minecraft: Education Edition, which focused on creating a learning space within the game's world.
Aside from releasing the next versions of the initial game, Mojang expanded their franchise in various directions. The results of that were games set in the world of Minecraft that pandered to different audiences. An example of such can be Minecraft: Story Mode, developed in cooperation with Telltale Games, which introduced a non-linear story to back up the series' lore. Another interesting title to reap the fruit of OG Minecraft's success is Minecraft Dungeons, an action-RPG game where the player travels the world of Minecraft, completing quests and exploring the titular dungeons.
List of available Minecraft Games
- Minecraft: Java Edition (2011) - the OG version of Minecraft
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (2013) - an updated version of the original release
- Minecraft: Legacy Console Edition (2012-2017) - a version released for various consoles, including PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- Minecraft: New Nintendo 3DS Edition (2017) - a version of the game for the NE Nintendo 3DS console
- Minecraft: Education Edition (2016) -a version of Minecraft dedicated for the use in the classroom environment
- Minecraft: Pi Edition (2013) - a discontinued version for Raspberry Pi
- Minecraft: Earth (2019) - a version that utilizes augmented reality mechanics
- Minecraft: Dungeons (2020) - an action-adventure spinoff set in the world of Minecraft
- steam games deals
- games like cyberpunk 2077
- fortnite skins
- games for intel hd 4000 & 3000
- games for intel hd 620 & 520
- racing games for 2 players
- shooting games for multiplayer
- football games for 2 players
- games for multiplayer on steam
- strategy games for 2 players
- vr games for 2 players
- pc download games
- gta games list
- nintendo eshop gift cards
Set your preferences
Set your preferred region or currency.
31/F, Tower Two, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Incorporation number: 2088957
Business registration number: 63264201
Customer (support) services are granted by G2A PL Sp. z o.o.
G2A PL Sp. z o.o.
53 Emilii Plater Street