Games Like Age of Empries - TOP List
Age of Empires series is an excellent example of real-time strategy games done right. The classic series takes the player on a quest throughout history and allows them to experience the ups and downs of running an empire. Establishing the first city, expanding and conquering the neighboring lands, keeping the delicate balance that separates war and peace - these and much more will be the player's tasks who wants to experience what AoE has to offer. However, Ensemble Studios' series is not the only one offering similar experiences. In this article, you'll find out all about the coolest games like Age of Empires.
- Offer from 25 sellers13.44USD64.63USD-79%
- Offer from 19 sellers10.47USD59.24USD-82%
- Offer from 19 sellers2.41USD8.61USD-72%
- Offer from 18 sellers13.66USD64.63USD-79%
- Offer from 17 sellers9.73USD59.24USD-84%
- Offer from 18 sellers3.74USD16.15USD-77%
- Offer from 20 sellers3.72USD32.31USD-88%
- Offer from 17 sellers1.81USD4.3USD-58%
- Offer from 34 sellers1.12USD32.31USD-97%
- Offer from 27 sellers2.3USD34.46USD-93%
- Offer from 19 sellers8.73USD20.46USD-57%
- Offer from 18 sellers6.72USD21.54USD-69%
- Offer from 19 sellers3.19USD16.15USD-80%
- Offer from 5 sellers5.74USD21.54USD-73%
- Offer from 13 sellers7.62USD32.31USD-76%
- Offer from 8 sellers18.01USD21.54USD-16%
- Offer from 10 sellers5.9USD16.16USD-64%
History in the making
The first AoE game was released in 1997. It was not only the first title in what would become a classic RTS series but also the first major game released by Ensemble Studios. Age of Empires was initially described as a blend of Civilization's and Warcraft's mechanics - a statement not far from the truth. The game allowed the player to take charge of one of 12 civilizations, leading it from the Stone to Iron Age. Subsequent games in the series would add different periods: Dark Ages, Renaissance, and early Industrial Age. The gameplay mechanics focused on expanding the player's territory by fighting enemy nations and building the titular Empire under the player's control.
The list of best games like Age of Empires
- Tropico 6 - follow the growth of your island paradise from a small country to a global superpower.
- Civilization VI - follow the rise and fall of nations through the ages.
- Frostpunk - build and expand a post-apocalyptic city, in which your every decision might have dire consequences.
- Northgard - as the leader of a band of Vikings settling in a new land, your job is to survive harsh winters and expand your settlement.
- Age of Mythology - become the mightiest ruler of the Bronze Age, second only to almighty gods.
- The Settlers Online - tend to your settlement and deal with other players in this browser-based strategy game.