XCOM: Chimera Squad (PC) - Steam Key - GLOBAL
XCOM: Chimera Squad is the spin-off of famous turn-based strategies known as XCOM. The game, as well as the whole series, was developed by Firaxis Games. In the game, players take control over the title Chimera Squad con ...Read more
Instant delivery offers
Show 20 more offers
- 0QueengameSponsored96%Positive feedback137
View offer details$ 2.99
- 0Bestbuy86Excellent seller100%Positive feedback2144
View offer details$ 2.21
- 0Retail_steam_keysExcellent seller95%Positive feedback5704
View offer details$ 2.23
- 0GoGoldenrush100%Positive feedback781
View offer details$ 2.90
- 0AzAzurrot95%Positive feedback68
View offer details$ 2.91
- 0RaRate_ask_and_get_present100%Positive feedback159
View offer details$ 2.96
- 0Sg_storeExcellent seller100%Positive feedback2337
View offer details$ 2.97
XCOM: Chimera Squad is the spin-off of famous turn-based strategies known as XCOM. The game, as well as the whole series, was developed by Firaxis Games. In the game, players take control over the title Chimera Squad consisting of highly trained humans and aliens, serving as peacekeepers of the city. The game makes some changes to the old mechanics, making the whole gameplay more fast-paced.
The story presented in the game takes place five years after the events from XCOM 2. Humanity has finally won with alien invaders and the Earth is relatively safe. Humans and aliens are now trying to create a new, mutual, and peaceful society. City 31 was supposed to be the example showing that humans and aliens can live together. However, not everyone supports that idea. That is why Chimera Squad was established - an elite group of humans and aliens, cooperating with each other to protect the intergalactic peace.
In the game, players have to complete missions while being in charge of the eponymous Chimera Squad. Players can decide who will join their team and chose from the pull of 11 agents. It is worth to mention that each of them has different specializations and set of abilities, depending on their class and race. During missions, players will fight challenging enemies in highly tactical encounters.
Combat in XCOM: Chimera Squad is turn-based and it is divided into 3 stages. The first stage is about the proper placement of our squad members. It is very important, as every agent's effectiveness will differ, depending on his position at the start of the encounter. The decision about the placement of the squad member should be based on his class and race. During the second stage, the actual fight begins. The players perform actions in alternate turns. During the fight, players may observe the queue of actions in order to think about the next move, however, some units can use abilities influencing and changing the queue. Once per mission, our squad can perform a special team action.
Players should keep in mind that every member can be injured during the fight. Critical wounds may knock them out making them unable to fight. Additionally, injures may create scars. They should be healed during special training as they have a negative impact on the basic statistics of the character. The third stage is focused on strategic operations conducted in the headquarters. From there, players can observe the map picturing the current situation of the city. Players should prioritize their missions, depending on the level of disturbance in specific parts of the metropolis. This is an extremely important element of the gameplay - if any region of City 31 will get out of control, the whole campaign will end with defeat.
The game received mostly positive reviews, according to the Steam platform, over 70% of users' reviews are positive. The unique abilities of the Chimera Squad members were one of the most praised features of the game.
- The alliance of humans and aliens - the war has ended and Earth is more or less safe. Now humans and aliens must learn how to live together.
- Become the peacekeeper of City 31 - even though the worst is over, people still need someone to watch over them.
- New combat mechanics - combat has been re-designed, making the encounter more engaging and action-packed.
- 11 unique agents - build your own squad and select your agents from the pull of 11 highly trained individuals.
- Infiltration - take advantage of your enemies during innovative infiltrations.
Release Date: 2020-04-24
- Below are the minimum and recommended system specifications for XCOM: Chimera Squad (PC) - Steam Key - GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for XCOM: Chimera Squad (PC) - Steam Key - GLOBAL may change over time.