The Long Dark | Survival Edition (PC) - Steam Key - GLOBAL
Explore the wildernessThe unkind fate threw William McKenzie (a former pilot) straight into the middle of a frigid Canadian wilderness, soon after a geomagnetic disaster. Waking up somewhere in a dark forest, the only th ...Read more
Instant delivery offers
Show 13 more offers
- 0BeBellakeySponsored100%Positive feedback17772
View offer details$ 12.44
- 0Joyridegames100%Positive feedback15
View offer details$ 5.44
- 0Retail_steam_keysExcellent seller95%Positive feedback5702
View offer details$ 5.45
- 0HoHolyshitgame100%Positive feedback1037
View offer details$ 5.47
- 0Golden_gamesExcellent seller100%Positive feedback7548
View offer details$ 5.50
- 0AtruesellerExcellent seller100%Positive feedback7100
View offer details$ 5.50
- 0Gamersg1ft88%Positive feedback4162
View offer details$ 5.50
Notice! THE LONG DARK: SURVIVAL EDITION - This edition of the game features the award-winning Survival Mode as a stand-alone product.
Explore the wilderness
The unkind fate threw William McKenzie (a former pilot) straight into the middle of a frigid Canadian wilderness, soon after a geomagnetic disaster. Waking up somewhere in a dark forest, the only thing he sees around is snow, ice and not a living soul in within kilometers. Equipped with the rest of his victuals, he will soon find out that he won’t survive there unless he will start to think about a shelter and anything to eat. Welcome to harsh world of The Long Dark. The world of geomagnetic apocalypse, which turned all the human’s technological development into waste, exposing human beings to disinterested power of Mother Nature. Survival means going off the beaten tracks, looking for abandoned cabins, barns or lodges, where you can wait the unbearable weather and find some useful artefacts.
Aiming for realism
The Long Dark gameplay focuses more on the survival aspect than on atrocious fights known from other survival horror titles. You won’t find here any zombies, dinosaurs or mutants. Just pure nature in all its glory and might. A piece of cake? Not if you take into account such factors like hunger, thirst, illnesses, fatigue, temperature and many others. You will have to cleverly dispose your energies, as well as smoothly adapt to the conditions of the given day. Sometimes it would be better to hide in your lodge for few more hours or wait until the wolves will kill a deer instead of making heroic solo charges.
Enjoy the beautifully depicted open-world
Explore the countless possibilities of an open-world, sandbox map. Wander around the 50 km square Great Bear island and reveal its secrets, learning its story and finding tips, which might help you survive. The exploration of the world, divided into several areas, varying slightly with climate and difficulty level will be a long-lasting, unrestrained challenge. Use your wit and your skills and hunt, fish, trap, climb, or search for life-saving food and gear items. Be careful, however, as once you die, there is now way back. Your save is gone and the whole adventure starts from the scratch. Apart from the Sandbox mode, you also try your luck in the campaign. Divided into five episodes, it features a storyline based around your additional aim – the search for Astrid Greenwood, who also survived the plane crash. You will encounter other people, which may have some important information or challenges for you. Not infrequently you will be also torn apart, standing in front of hard moral decisions.
- Front Seat to the End of the World: Immersive first-person exploration gameplay featuring a stunning, original art style. Take on the role of bush pilot Will Mackenzie, and navigate the savage beauty of the Northern Wilderness while you face the hazards of the new “post-digital” frontier.
- Survive By Your Wits Alone: Be on the lookout for potential supply caches, all the while using survival skills to overcome hazards introduced by harsh weather, wildlife, lack of food and water, other survivors, and the mysterious aurorae that add unpredictability to an already extreme situation.
- Survival of the Fittest: Deep survival simulation gameplay where every decision matters. Explore a large open world in search of resources, and balance Conditions such as Hypothermia, Starvation, Dehydration, and a bevy of afflictions and injuries that can take you down, from Blood Loss to Dysentery.
- Will You Be Saviour or Survivor?: Morally challenging scenarios that push players to answer the question: “How far will you go to survive?”. Any survivor you meet in the world can be friend or foe. Will you risk your life to discover what they know and selflessly sacrifice for the common good, or live—and potentially die—by the adage, “might makes right”?
- Master the Survival Sandbox: Experience dozens of hours of free-form Survival Sandbox gameplay. Push yourself and your skill to survive as long as possible in a variety of survival scenarios, across a large open world. Balance your resources against the threats posed by mother nature, and by other AI survivors you meet along the way.
Release Date: 2017-08-01
- Below are the minimum and recommended system specifications for The Long Dark | Survival Edition (PC) - Steam Key - GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for The Long Dark | Survival Edition (PC) - Steam Key - GLOBAL may change over time.