Games Like Baldur's Gate - TOP List
Baldur’s Gate was by all accounts a milestone in the history of digital role-playing games. BioWare’s vision still lives on as the standard to which new RPGs are compared are often still inspired by.
The ideas BG1 and 2 popularised live on, sometimes in a seemingly unaltered state, sometimes changed to go with technological advances which made new things possible. Either way, you’re always in for an thrilling adventure, quite some reading, and quite some fighting.
On the list below you’ll find some games which evoke the atmosphere and presentation of the classic Baldur’s Gate games. Further down you’ll also find many more cool games similar to Baldur’s Gate in some aspect. All are worth checking out, you never know what catches your eye.
- Offer from 16 sellers23.88USD72.94USD-67%
- Offer from 16 sellers7.87USD12.15USD-35%
- Offer from 23 sellers20.94USD60.78USD-65%
- Offer from 1 seller55.33USD72.94USD-24%
- Offer from 10 sellers33.97USD72.94USD-53%
- Offer from 28 sellers1.63USD9.96USD-83%
- Offer from 18 sellers9.93USD24.31USD-59%
- Offer from 10 sellers7.47USD72.95USD-89%
- Offer from 9 sellers10.13USD66.86USD-84%
- Offer from 11 sellers18.67USD85.1USD-78%
- Offer from 6 sellers22.89USD72.94USD-68%
- Offer from 12 sellers3.87USD9.72USD-60%
- Offer from 15 sellers11.76USD60.78USD-80%
- Offer from 11 sellers13.35USD
- Offer from 5 sellers44.96USD72.94USD-38%
- Offer from 5 sellers19.78USD48.62USD-59%
- Offer from 11 sellers9.94USD24.31USD-59%
- Offer from 17 sellers6.6USD34.03USD-80%
- Offer from 6 sellers34.06USD66.86USD-49%
- Offer from 26 sellers10.47USD36.47USD-71%
- Offer from 10 sellers8.29USD24.31USD-65%
- Offer from 4 sellers47.89USD51.06USD-6%
- Offer from 10 sellers13.36USD19.44USD-31%
The best games like Baldur's Gate
Knights of the Old Republic
Knights of the Old Republic is set in the Star Wars universe, thousands of years before the events of the movies. You’re caught in the middle of a war between the Old Republic and the invading Sith fleet led by Darth Malak, a fierce warrior and former Republic war hero.
KotOR is considered by many to be the best Star Wars game and makes regular appearances on the lists of top tier RPGs. Don’t be discouraged by the third-person perspective, it’s a fully fledged RPG, with tonnes of dialogues, epic storyline, and plenty of math thanks to its D20 ruleset based on D&D.
Pillars of Eternity & PoE2: Deadfire
Pillars of Eternity never tried to hide that its inspired by Baldur’s Gate and caters to the fans of the Infinity Engine games. It has the isometric camera (now with zoom), plenty of reading, and tactical real-time with pause combat, with an optional turn-based mode available in the sequel.
The story involves dead gods, secret societies, and looking into the souls and past lives of others. There are also reputation systems, which not only remember which organisations and places like you, but you also get recognition for your personality, which makes the role-playing element much more interesting.
Divinity: Original Sin II
Divinity: Original Sin II is an exceptional game, whether you play alone or with friends. The story quickly becomes grander than just an escape from a prison island, your companions have their own engaging stories, and the world and your abilities interact in interesting ways, allowing many creative solutions.
There’s also great local and online multiplayer, in two forms. One is the up-to-four-player campaign co-op, the other is the GM Mode, which allows a Game Master to run an RPG session for up to four players, using custom campaigns made by the community, or use a robust toolset to create their own stories and encounters.
Dragon Age: Origins
After Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights time came for BioWare to make their own fantasy setting, and Dragon Age: Origins is the result of that. Inspired by The Lord of the Rings and A Song of Fire and Ice, DAO’s world of Thedas is a grim place which nevertheless needs heroes to save it from the Blight.
DAO has a great, complex storyline about nations, politics and an invasion of half-demonic forces, and the robust codex provides extra detail to an already vivid setting. Your character’s story involves many friendly and strained conversations, and can start in many different ways based on your chosen Origin.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is a great RPG, based on several adventure modules released for the Pathfinder RPG. You start out as an adventurer leaving to conquer a bandit-ridden land, but eventually you get to rule your own domain, which will look differently depending on what kind of ruler you are.
If you liked Baldur’s Gate, you should feel right at home, even the ruleset is very similar, simply using a different edition of D&D as its foundation. There are the familiar paladins and rangers, but Kingmaker also has a few Pathfinder-specific classes and variants, to keep things fresh and interesting.
More adventures await
This list is not the end. On this page you can find many more great adventures: many RPGs, many great stories, and plenty of challenging battle requiring tactical acumen and preparation.
- steam games deals
- games like cyberpunk 2077
- fortnite skins
- games for intel hd 4000 & 3000
- games for intel hd 620 & 520
- racing games for 2 players
- shooting games for multiplayer
- football games for 2 players
- games for multiplayer on steam
- strategy games for 2 players
- vr games for 2 players
- pc download games
- gta games list
- nintendo eshop gift cards