Games Like Overwatch - TOP List
The arrival of Overwatch in 2016 cemented the popularity of a rising subgenre and for a long time it has been a standard against which other hero shooters are measured.
- Offer from 21 sellers26.49USD46.92USD-44%
- Offer from 15 sellers4.77USD26.06USD-82%
- Offer from 8 sellers14.8USD
- Offer from 10 sellers4.7USD26.06USD-82%
- Offer from 30 sellers3.1USD41.71USD-93%
- Offer from 2 sellers18.45USD
- Offer from 27 sellers8.73USD41.71USD-79%
- Offer from 7 sellers13.27USD23.98USD-45%
- Offer from 8 sellers25.99USD
- Offer from 17 sellers7.55USD13.55USD-44%
- Offer from 1 seller37.26USD41.71USD-11%
- Offer from 8 sellers38.39USD
- Offer from 8 sellers3.87USD10.42USD-63%
- Offer from 12 sellers7.79USD13.55USD-42%
- Offer from 7 sellers21.97USD
What’s a hero shooter?
Going by Overwatch’s example, a hero shooter is like a class-based shooter, except instead of classes and loadouts there are characters with unique abilities putting them in a specific archetype, like a tank or a damage dealer. It’s also important that the heroes are fully fledged characters with unique designs, personalities, and even bios. Overwatch has a large roster of unique heroes linked together by backstories and relationships. Of course, not all hero shooters must be similar in every aspect: sometimes unique design for each specific “class” is enough. Other times a cool aesthetic in an online PvP game can scratch the same itch. Below you’ll find a few great examples of games like Overwatch, and the gallery further down holds many more.
An interesting mix of party-based battle royale, hero shooter, and the universe you know from the Titanfall series. Apex Legends quickly landed among the top online PvP shooters, and it’s still enjoys a steady stream of new content. There are sixteen unique Legends (characters) across four roles: offense, defense, support and recon.
Plant vs. Zombie: Battle for Neighborville is much sillier and more comedic in nature than Overwatch of other games here, but it’s also a really fun shooter set in the weird reality of the classic tower defence game. It’s an asymmetric team based PvP, and every plant and every zombie has a different niche to fill, and many have really funny, evocative designs.
Paladins was developed by studio Hi-Rez known for the god-killing MOBA called SMITE and shouldn’t be discounted as just free-to-play Overwatch, because there’s a lot to enjoy and engage with. For example, there are cool heroes to play as, and thanks to a robust customisation system you can tweak any of them to better suit your playstyle and emphasise some of their traits.
- steam games deals
- games like cyberpunk 2077
- fortnite skins
- games for intel hd 4000 & 3000
- games for intel hd 620 & 520
- racing games for 2 players
- shooting games for multiplayer
- football games for 2 players
- games for multiplayer on steam
- strategy games for 2 players
- vr games for 2 players
- pc download games
- gta games list
- nintendo eshop gift cards